The idea for this site arose out of discussions between Rob Garrett (Novita) and Robert Morsillo (Telstra) on how to improve the provision of information about accessible features of communications equipment for people with disability.
Development of the site is being led by Rob Garrett and Toan Nguyen from the Research & Innovation Division of Novita Children’s Services. The website project reference group members are:
• Jan Ashford, CEO, Communication Rights Australia.
• Matthew Hesketh, a qualified Engineer (CAD) and website designer. Matthew is studying psychology, has Transcortical Motor Aphasia and works part-time as a builders drafter.
• Harriet Korner, Client Services Manager, Independent Living Centre NSW.
• Darryl Sellwood, a Director of Australian Communication Exchange Limited, University of South Australia Researcher (Honours) and an AAC user.
• Annabel Vasquez, Education and Information Officer WA/QLD, National Relay Service.
• Hank Wyllie, a fiercely independent and individual person with Acquired Brain Injury, acquired late in life, who communicates by means other than speech.
Other contributors are:
• Gunela Astbrink, GSA Information Consultants.
• Lucy Barnham, speech pathology consultant, Barnham Pty Ltd.
• Michelle Juers, web consultant, Red Neon Graphics.
• Dr Daniel Woo, School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of NSW.
• Heidi Rurade, Graphic Designer, Heidi Rurade Design.
An initiative of Research & Innovation, Novita Children’s Services in partnership with: