Disclaimer Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Disclaimer Statement of Rights and Responsibilities governs our relationship with users and others who interact with the www.newell.org.au website. By using or accessing www.newell.org.au, you agree to this Statement.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information
When you submit content and information to www.newell.org.au, you accept that:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with www.newell.org.au ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
- When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone to access and use that information.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about www.newell.org.au, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep www.newell.org.au safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on www.newell.org.au.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access www.newell.org.au, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on www.newell.org.au.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on www.newell.org.au without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not use www.newell.org.au to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of www.newell.org.au, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
3. Registration and Account Security
www.newell.org.au users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on www.newell.org.au, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
4. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on www.newell.org.au that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on www.newell.org.au if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on www.newell.org.au.
5. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a AccessPlatform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
- You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of www.newell.org.au.
- Your access to and use of data you receive from www.newell.org.au, will be limited as follows:
- You will only request data you need to operate your application.
- You will delete all data you receive from us if you are asked to do so.
- You will not include data you receive from us in any advertising creative.
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset.
- You will not sell www.newell.org.au data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use data within your application, but you cannot transfer data outside of your application.
- We can require you to delete all data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with www.newell.org.au expectations.
- We can limit your access to data.
- You will provide customer support for your application.
- You will not misrepresent your relationship with www.newell.org.au to others.
- We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
- have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act ("VPPA"), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary from users so that data subject to the VPPA may be shared on www.newell.org.au. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
- You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with www.newell.org.au, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into streams, profiles, and user action stories.
- We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
6. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by www.newell.org.au
Our goal is to deliver information that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, you agree to the following:
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- We can change this Statement if we provide you notice (by posting the change on the www.newell.org.au).
- t on the proposed change, we will also give you the opportunity to participate in a vote in which you will be provided alternatives. The vote shall be binding on us if more than 30% of all active registered users as of the date of the notice vote.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing access to www.newell.org.au. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement in a Queensland state court. The laws of the State of Queensland will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on www.newell.org.au, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- We try to keep www.newell.org.au up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. we are providing www.newell.org.au "as is" without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that www.newell.org.au will be safe or secure. www.newell.org.au is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or www.newell.org.au, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- By " www.newell.org.au " we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.newell.org.au and any other www.newell.org.au branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our AccessPlatform; (c) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "AccessPlatform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from www.newell.org.au or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information, including actions you take.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on www.newell.org.au that would not be included in the definition of "information."
- By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from www.newell.org.au or provide to www.newell.org.au through AccessPlatform.
- By "post" we mean post on www.newell.org.au or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses AccessPlatform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access AccesPlatform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding www.newell.org.au, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing www.newell.org.au.